America is one of the most liberal economy that encourages Entrepreneurs. Americans are also the worlds biggest consumers, so its no doubt that you are interested in setting up a company in America.
Reasons for your setting a company here can be any of the following:
1) You are an Entrepreneur & wish to be the next Facebook or twitter.
2) You are an individual or a small team & wish to work under a limited liability structure.
3) You are a foreign entity & wish to have a presence in the United States.
4) You are looking for the best tax options & ease of execution by forming a Delaware, Wisconsin or Nevada LLC.
Reasons can be different & many, but with one common objective of growth & profits. So here we shall make your task easier by listing some of the steps essential at forming a company in USA.
First thing to note is that US has a Federal structure where both laws of the Union & the State are into force. Incorporating in different states has its unique benefits & disadvanatges. While some are more tax friendly other are easier on paperwork.
So here we go with the essential points approach:
- Ask Yourself:
a) Are you ready to be an Entrepreneur?
b) Do you understand your market?
c) Do you have enough Business Data & Statistics about your potential Customers?
d) Have you finalized the business type?
e) Do you have or need a mentor?
f) Is your business plan ready?
Once decided, following are the steps you need to take:
- Choose your business name
- Once chosen Register this business name
- You need to Register with the State Agencies
- Obtain the necessary Federal, State & Business Licenses & Permits
- You need to learn about all the laws specific to your business & in general as a whole.
- Learn how you can Finance your business.
I have outlined some of the major steps, more detailes are available here at the Official Govt Website .
Finally Remember that success requires discipline, hard work & a lot of Luck. So All the Best & make it Big 🙂